It may come as a surprise to you, but many professional programmers are self-taught. And many of them have been able to reach fairly high positions in their career. Therefore, it is not only realistic to get into the software development profession without any formal programming qualifications, but it’s also possible to become successful within this industry.
Software development industry is probably the industry with the least amount of bureaucracy. Once you have some professional experience under your belt, very few companies would care what formal education you have. As long as you are able to demonstrate your programming skills during the recruitment process, you will be able to get a job as a software developer.
And there are many reasons why you may want to be a programmer. Smart technology is everywhere and its amount is only increasing; therefore software developers are in high demand and the demand for them is not going to go down any time soon. This makes a programmer one of the most highly paid professions.
If getting a job as a programmer is something you are interested in, this course will guide you through the process. It will cover the following topics:
- Pros and cons of a software development career
- Misconceptions about being a programmer
- Which programming languages and technologies to learn first
- What skills you will need besides the programming languages
- What are the best strategies for getting your first job
- How to choose a good bootcamp