Practical hands-on training for data scientists to quickly create impactful data visualisations in Tableau
What you will learn
Install Tableau and set it up on your computer
Use Tableau to solve a simple data science challenge
Understand basic Tableau concepts like columns and rows
Create three different types of charts in Tableau: bar charts, line charts, and highlight tables.
Add interactive elements to your charts, such as filters.
Best practices to customise the look-and-feel of your charts for maximum impact.
This crash course for data scientists will quickly get you up to speed on how to use Tableau, by solving a real business problem.
The entire course is less than 1.5 hours long, so you can complete the whole thing in 1 or 2 sittings!
- We start by learning to install Tableau and get everything set up on your computer.
- You’ll then be introduced to a data science business challenge, which we’ll be using Tableau to solve. This makes the course practical and memorable!
- You’ll learn how to create the 3 basic types of charts:
- Bar charts
- Line charts
- Highlight tables
- You’ll also learn best-practices for how to make your charts look great and have a strong impact on people who see it.
- We cover the most fundamental tool for analysing data in Tableau: filters
- We also briefly cover a more advanced analytical tool: trend lines
If you want to level up your skills in data science or business intelligence, Tableau is a great place to start. It’s in high-demand by employers, it’s easy to use, and it allows you to create impactful, interactive data visualisations. You can also deliver an entire data analysis project in Tableau from start to finish: data preparation, data analysis, and data visualisation can all be done in Tableau!