Sql, Queries, Triggers, Transactions, Concurrency, Database Management Systems DBMS, RDBMS
What you will learn
B and B+ trees
SQL is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.It is pronounced as S-Q-L or sometime See-Qwell. SQL is a database language, it is used for database creation, deletion, fetching rows, and modifying rows, etc.
What is SQL
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language.
- It is designed for managing data in a relational database management system (RDBMS).
- It is pronounced as S-Q-L or sometime See-Qwell.
- SQL is a database language, it is used for database creation, deletion, fetching rows, and modifying rows, etc.
- SQL is based on relational algebra and tuple relational calculus.
All DBMS like MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, Sybase, Informix, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server use SQL as standard database language.
Why SQL is required
SQL is required:
- To create new databases, tables and views
- To insert records in a database
- To update records in a database
- To delete records from a database
- To retrieve data from a database
What SQL does
- With SQL, we can query our database in several ways, using English-like statements.
- With SQL, a user can access data from a relational database management system.
- It allows the user to describe the data.
- It allows the user to define the data in the database and manipulate it when needed.
- It allows the user to create and drop database and table.
- It allows the user to create a view, stored procedure, function in a database.
- It allows the user to set permission on tables, procedures, and views.