Learn to Implement a Data Warehouse Solution Using SQL Server Integration Services – SSIS from Scratch
What you will learn
Design a Data Warehouse Solution
Desig Dimension Tables
Create ETL Solution
Explore Data source
Implement control flow
Implement data flow
Debug SSIS Packages
Log SSIS Package Events
Extract and modify data
Execute package with Server Agent
Enforce data quality
Consume data in the data warehouse
This course is a beginners course that will show you how to implement enterprise data warehouse solution using Microsoft SQL Server ,Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services SSIS and Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools -SSDT.
You will learn how to implement ETL ( Extract,Transform, Load) process using SQL Server Integration services .
Students will learn how to :
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Download and installing SQL Server 2014
- Download and attaching Adventureworks2014 database
- Download and installing SSDT
- Download and installing Visual studio
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Databases vs. Data warehouses
- Choose between star and snowflake design schemas
- Explore source data
- Implement data flow
- Debug an SSIS package
- Extract and load modified data
- Enforce data quality
- Consume data in a data warehouse
After completing this course you will be able to :
- Understand the components of a data warehousing solution
- Implement a logical and physical design to create a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Understand SSIS for implementing data flows
- Create dynamic packages using parameters and variables
- Implement Data Quality Services and Master Data Services
Implement custom components for extending SSIS