A beginner’s guide to data security
What You Will Learn
Understand cyber-security terminology
Differentiate between the various forms of malware
Explore how malware attacks can affect different environments
IT Security Training
Remote working security
Physical device security
Company security policies
Data laws & regulations
There are no prerequisites for this course
Hackers are everywhere. In today’s fast-paced, ever growing world of technology, it has never been more important to understand the fundamentals of cyber-security to keep yourself safe from potential threats.
This course is aimed at beginners wanting to build an in-depth understanding of cyber-security. Together in this one-hour course, we’ll uncover the tricks hackers use to manipulate us into handing over sensitive information, the types of malware we might be exposed to on a daily basis, and discover the fundamental requirements for data security.
Whether you are an individual wanting to find out more about cyber-security, or working within a company with access to highly sensitive information; this course is designed with you in mind. With topics ranging from protecting yourself on social media through to the best practices for keeping company data secure, you’ll find step by step guides to help you build an excellent understanding of data breaches, malware, social engineering and much more.
Together, we’ll explore:
- What makes data so valuable?
- What is malware?
- Why ransomware is risky business
- How to improve your personal security
- Social engineering
- How to spot a phishing attack
- Keeping yourself safe on social media
- How to help your company stay safe online
- Building a strong password
- Data Regulations Worldwide
- Security Frameworks
- Company Standards
Who this course is for:
- Students wanting to learn the basics of cyber-security
- Employers wanting to deliver workplace security training
- Employees of any business